The purpose of this article is to outline the benefits of a hybrid cloud disaster recovery plan. We will:
- look at the 3 steps of a hybrid cloud backup solution
- inspect the 3 key security features of Sentry Backup
Hybrid Cloud: 3 Steps
- Data is backed up across the internet (“in the cloud”) and duplicated across our 7 worldwide data centers.
- Data is replicated to a network attached storage (NAS) placed on-site.
- Backups are tested regularly for integrity.
As you will remember from Part 1, the local NAS provides robust speed of backups and recovery, while the cloud provides automatic redundancy with max recoverability.
Sentry Backup: 3 Key Security Features
Maximum, Client-Side Security
You can’t talk data backup without talking security. Sentry Backup’s client-side encryption uses 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the standard protocol for all secure web transactions today.
Client-side means all encryption is performed locally on the system before data is transmitted. This leaves no gap for unencrypted data to fall through.
Client-side encryption leaves no need for an extra secure connection or extra security on your storage device. And because all encryption and decryption is performed on the system itself, the data becomes useless to anyone else who may access it.
7 Worldwide Data Centers
Sentry Backup uses 7 worldwide data centers to provide the availability, redundancy and security demanded by an elite cloud or hybrid cloud solution. Here’s a list of our data center certifications:
- ISO 9001-14001-27001-50001
- OHSAS 18801
- PCI DSS
- chapter 9 compliant SSAE16 SOC1
Flexibility to Meet Any Needs
Sentry Backup provides maximum coverage for any Service Level Agreement (SLA), including:
- workstations and servers
- single file recovery
- network shares
- complete, bare metal, system recovery
- MySQL and Oracle databases
- Exchange stores
In this two-part series we started off by examining the benefits and shortcomings of local storage. Following a look at the hybrid cloud process, we outlined 3 key security features. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.