A layered security model combines multiple processes to protect resources and data. Each layer is responsible for stopping threats at a specific stage of exposure. Threats must find a hole in each layer in order to breach the entire system- and it all starts with virus protection.
The First Layer of Defense
Antivirus (AV) software is the most common layer of protection against online threats, and is used to search for, detect and remove malicious software. Unfortunately, it is often the only layer present.
Sentry AntiVirus is designed to stop malware before it attacks through advanced technologies such as heuristic checks and behavior scanning. Here’s everything you need to know:
Powerful Protection Against Known Threats
Sentry AntiVirus stays up-to-date with the latest threats using traditional signature-based threat detection. Upon installation, Sentry initiates an automated set of checks to monitor the individual processes and services of Sentry’s AV engine that allow it to run, update and scan as configured.
If a check fails, an alert is triggered and a technician is there to sort it out. This ensures your software is always functioning as intended.
Proactive Protection Against New Threats
When a threat is new, it has no signature and therefore can’t be detected by traditional signature-based antivirus engines. Most antivirus solutions offer no protection against these threats.
But Sentry AntiVirus uses sophisticated proprietary technologies to look for and detect new threats:
- Sentry Live-Protect stops malicious attempts before they can execute by scanning files as they are accessed in real-time. Flexibility to choose which file types to scan decreases resource usage and optimizes performance.
- Sentry File Inspector is designed to identify unknown threats. By comparing a file’s “behavior” against known malicious characteristics, possible threats are detected– even without a known signature.
- Heuristic checks protect against previously unknown threats, detecting new, unrecognized viruses in a sandbox environment away from a business’s core systems.
Sentry shuts down even the most sophisticated malware via continuous real-time monitoring, which detects programs that perform actions commonly associated with malware exploits. Can your antivirus do that?
Maximum Efficiency, Minimal Resources
- Outstanding performance: Keep scans lightweight to reduce system resource drain.
- Pinpoint accuracy: Reduce the number of false positives with more accurate scanning.
- Scheduling: Deep scans are set to run during downtime so employees aren’t disrupted during business hours.
Gain Complete Control
- Default policies: Leverage default policies for servers, desktops, and laptops to meet your specific needs from the start.
- Powerful customization: Create your own policies by modifying quarantine rules, exclusion settings, definition update schedules, and much more.
- Control timing: Pause or cancel scans when needed.
- Easy setup: Deploy managed antivirus in bulk across sites, servers, and workstations.
- Managed threat removal: In case of threat detection an alert is sent and all remediation is handled by one of our technicians.
- Reporting: Complete documentation of each threat helps determine if additional measures should be taken in the future.
Although no antivirus can provide 100% protection against online threats, a strong antivirus solution is still an essential first layer of defense for any system. Sentry AntiVirus delivers industry-leading protection against known and unknown threats, lightweight scanning and efficient threat remediation by a technician. What more could you ask for?
Would you like to take Sentry Business for a test drive? Contact us today and take advantage of our No-Risk, 30-day, Try-Before-You-Buy offer.